When you pause your campaigns, our systems may take up to 24 hours to stop your ads completely. Once your ads are stopped, you will not accrue any more costs. However, as per our Advertising Terms of Service, you will still be billed for any unpaid advertising costs that accrued before your ads stopped running.
If you were billed after pausing your campaigns, it can be due to one of the following reasons:
- There was a failed payment on your account. Accounts are automatically suspended for failed charges, so our systems will reattempt charges until they are successful. Successful charges often appear after campaigns are paused.
- You received a "monthly" charge to cover outstanding balances from the time your campaigns ran. This is the most common reason accounts receive charges after pausing their campaigns
To confirm whether or not you were overcharged, please follow these steps:
- Visit the Manage Ads tab. Click the dropdown menu under "+Create Campaign" in the upper right corner and select "All Time". This will present the all time data and spend of the account.
- Visit the Billing & Payments tab and adjust the date range in the upper right hand corner. The "Start Date" must reflect the first day the account launched a campaign on Quora.
- Click "Update Table". The table should now reflect the account's historic charges. The total under "Amount Billed" is the account's all time charges.
- Compare the numbers from steps 1 and 3. If the total amount spent on ads is the same as the total amount charged, the account was not overcharged.
Each account has a "Current Billing Threshold" on its Billing & Payments tab. Thresholds indicate when we automatically charge your card. The first threshold is $25, so as soon as your ad spend hits $25, your card will be charged. The threshold then rises with each successful charge to $50, $250, $500, and $750. Thresholds are not pre-payments.
If your campaigns were paused before they could meet their billing threshold, you would not charged for the rest of that month. To cover these outstanding charges, the card on file will be charged the first day of the next month. This charge will be categorized as "Monthly" in the Billing & Payments tab.
An account with a $25 threshold starts a campaign on January 1st.
If the campaign spends $25 on its first day, the account is automatically charged $25. This charge will appear as a "Threshold" payment on the Billing & Payments tab. The account's billing threshold will also increase to $50.
If the campaign spends $20 between January 1st and January 31st, nothing is charged to the account in January. This is because $20 is below the account's billing threshold. To cover the unpaid balance from January, the account is charged $20 on February 1st. This will appear as a "Monthly" payment on the Billing & Payments tab.