An ad marked as needing “Capitalization/Abbreviation” review likely has a headline sentence or body text that does not adhere to our capitalization policies.
Correct capitalization must be used at all times.
- Not permitted: 40% off if you register now. Don't miss this GREAT DEAL.
- Not permitted: 40% off if you register now. Don't miss this GrEaT DeAl.
- Not permitted: 40% off if you register now. Don’t miss this Great Deal.
- Acceptable: 40% off if you register now. Don't miss this great deal.
The first letter of every word should not be capitalized unnecessarily. Titles (such as articles, books, and movies) with consistent capitalization on your website or app are allowed.
- Not permitted: Learn More About Our Services By Signing Up Today.
- Acceptable: Learn more about our services by signing up today.
- Acceptable: Buy Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone today.
Title casing is allowed for common acronyms, abbreviations, or initialisms. Title casing is also allowed for trademarks, brand names, or product names that are consistently capitalized on your website or app.
For example, the following should be capitalized:
- Proper nouns: companies, products, organizations
- The singular pronoun "I"
- Acronyms such as HTML, NATO, FAQ
Common abbreviations are permitted, but where possible, the full word should be used.
- Not permitted: Apply for exciting govt opportunities.
- Acceptable: Apply for exciting government opportunities.
- Acceptable: 40% off if you register now. Register ASAP to not miss this great deal.
The following abbreviations should not be used:
- govt (government)
- smthg (something)
- mgmt (management)
- Lol (laughing out loud)
- Afk (away from keyboard)
- Intl (international)
The following commonly used abbreviations are permitted (units of measure are generally permitted):
- mth, mo, yr (month, month, year) - for instance, $29/mth or $29/mo is acceptable
- mil (million)
- min (minute)
- hr/h (hour)
- Ms. / Mr. (Miss / Mister)
If you review these guidelines and believe your ad should be approved, please follow the instructions in your notification.
We believe advertising should both result in better experiences for people discovering new businesses on Quora, and also provide positive results for our advertisers. We want our ads to be as high-quality as the content they appear alongside. Ad copy should adhere to our , which require your ad copy to be clear, well-formatted, and free from grammatical, capitalization, and punctuation errors.