You can target users who took an action on your website by creating a website traffic audience and selecting 'From a conversion or event'. This helps you reach high intent customers that exhibit user behaviors that are valuable to your business.
- Go to the Audiences tab in Ads Manager
- Select 'Create Audience'
- Select 'Website Traffic Audience'
- From the Website Traffic dropdown select 'From conversion or event'
- Choose the pixel event you want to create your audience from
- Optional: Refine your audience by specifying number of days or 'Filter by URL'
Here's how you would create an audience to target users who made a purchase in the last 30 days. The standard event 'Purchase' is selected with 30 days specified.
If you want to create an audience that excludes a pixel event, there are 2 steps you can take to achieve a similar result.
For example, you'd like to exclude users who made a Purchase from your campaign
- First, create a website traffic audience using the "Purchase" standard event with the name "Purchase Audience".
- Go to the Ad Set page of your campaign go to Exclude Audiences section and select "Purchase Audience".