You can target users who triggered a Standard Event or Custom Event on your website trough Website Traffic Targeting. This helps you reach high-intent customers that exhibit user behaviors that are valuable to your business.
To create an audience from a pixel event, follow these steps:
- Go to the Audiences tab in your Ads Manager
- Click "Create Audience" in the upper-right corner.
- Click "Next" to continue creating a Website Traffic Audience.
- Complete the provided fields. Under Filter Web Traffic, click "From a Conversion or Event" and select your desired pixel event.
- Optional: Refine your audience by specifying a time period or 'Filter by URL.'
The following example shows you an audience targeting users who made a purchase in the last 30 days. The Standard Event "Purchase" is selected with 30 days specified.
If you want to create an audience that excludes a pixel event, there are 2 steps you can take to achieve a similar result. For example, if you want to exclude users who made a Purchase from your campaign:
- Create a Website Traffic Audience based on the "Purchase" Standard Event.
- Go to the Edit Ad Set page of your campaign and select the aforementioned audience under Excluded Audiences.