You can target users who took an action on your website by creating a Website Traffic Audience and selecting "From a Conversion or Event" from the Filter Web Traffic dropdown. You can retarget Standard Events installed with the Event Pixel or Custom Events. This helps you reach high intent customers that exhibit user behaviors that are valuable to your business.
To create an audience from a pixel event, use the following steps:
- Go to the Audiences tab in your Ads Manager
- Select "Create Audience" in the upper right corner.
- Click "Next" to continue creating a Website Traffic Audience
- Complete the provided fields.
- Under Filter Web Traffic, click "From a Conversion or Event" and select your desired pixel event.
- Optional: Refine your audience by specifying a time period or 'Filter by URL.'
The following example shows you an audience targeting users who made a purchase in the last 30 days. The Standard Event "Purchase" is selected with 30 days specified.
If you want to create an audience that excludes a pixel event, there are 2 steps you can take to achieve a similar result.
For example, if you'd like to exclude users who made a Purchase from your campaign:
- Create a Website Traffic Audience based on the "Purchase" Standard Event.
- Go to the Edit Ad Set page of your campaign and select the aforementioned audience under Excluded Audiences.