Quora's ad copy consists of the headline sentence (in bold) and body text:
- Headline Sentence: Maximum of 65 characters. A headline sentence should briefly let people know what your ad is about.
- Body Text: Maximum of 105 characters. Provide more detail on the product or service you are promoting.
All ads must adhere to our. Your ad should be clear, well-formatted, and free from grammatical, capitalization, and punctuation errors. Overall, the general rules for your ad copy are:
- Do write your ad copy in English only.
- Do make sure your ad copy is free from grammatical, capitalization, and punctuation errors.
- Do not include links in your ad copy.
- Do not use profanity.
- Do not include sexual-related content in your copy.
- Do not use provocative or shocking language, or create misleading expectations in your ad copy in order to attract users to click on your ad.
- Do not mention Quora in your ad text copy without prior written permission and approval from Quora.
Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar make your ad text better and easier to read. Here are some guidelines you should follow when crafting your copy:
- Ad text must use proper grammar and spelling. American and British English are both acceptable.
- Not permitted: Try our editing services so you don't make silly spleling mitskaes.
- Acceptable: Try our editing services so you don't make silly spelling mistakes.
- Sentence fragments are allowed.
- Include a single space between sentences.
- Acceptable: Get 20% off all products at our workshop. Join our session today.
- There should not be spaces before punctuation marks like periods and commas.
- Not permitted: Find out which 20 companies will be raising money this year . Download our e-book today .
- Acceptable: Find out which 20 companies will be raising money this year. Download our e-book today.
- Excessive capitalization is not permitted. Avoid mixing uppercase and lowercase letters in the same word, unless necessary.
- Not permitted: 40% OFF IF YOU REGISTER NOW. DON'T MISS THIS GREAT DEAL.
- Acceptable: 40% Off If You Register Now. Don’t Miss This Great Deal.
- Acceptable: 40% off if you register now. Don't miss this great deal.
- Capitalization is allowed for trademarks, brand names, or product names that are consistently capitalized on your website or app.
- Proper nouns (company names, product names, locations, etc.) should be capitalized.
- Acronyms (e.g. HTML, NATO, FAQ) should be capitalized.
- Acceptable: 40% off if you register now. Register ASAP to not miss this great deal.
Punctuation & Symbols
- Excessive use of ellipses is not permitted.
- Not permitted: ...Sign-up for a free trial today...
- Acceptable: Sign-up for a free trial today...
- The use of symbols is OK as long as they are being used correctly (ex. @ in place of the word "at", hashtags, asterisks to indicate that terms and conditions apply). Any symbol that is used as clickbait (used solely with the intention to grab the reader’s attention) is not allowed.
- Emoji are not permitted.
- Slashes (/), dashes (--), and lines (|) are permitted if spacing around them is consistent and they are not used excessively.
- Ad copy that mentions a sum of money should include the relevant currency symbol or name.