- Comply with local regulations.
- Not glorify the consumption of alcohol.
- Include age gating on landing pages.
Contests and sweepstakes
Your ad cannot mislead users, so avoid ads that may be perceived as enabling dishonest behavior. We encourage ad content that is held to the same standard as the content we value on Quora. Please make sure your ads are spam-free and adhere to local laws and regulations.
- Ads should not have any sexual emphasis.
- Ads should not indicate that people could meet or connect with fictitious or specific individuals.
- Ads should not suggest that a person has or might be searched for or interacted with in any way.
- Ads should not directly assume certain user attributes (race, religion, gender, age).
Healthcare and medicine
We restrict the promotion of healthcare-related content. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Over the counter medication
- Prescription medication and information about prescription medication
- Online and offline pharmacies
- Medical services and procedures
- Clinical trial recruitment
- Hospitals and clinics
Services that do not need prior approval include:
- Basic medical supplies (ex. bandages)
- Appointment booking sites
- Online therapy apps
Services that we never allow include:
- Rehabilitation centers and services
Ads that promote products or services that include automatic renewal, negative options, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements:
- Subscription terms must be made clear to people in the ad copy or you must use the “Subscribe Now” Call-to-Action.
The landing page must:
- Describe and display your terms and conditions, which include important information such as how to cancel the service.
- Require that people check a box in order to accept the terms and services. The box should not be checked by default.
- Clearly represent the price of your promoted service, including any details of recurring charges.
- If your ad is for a free trial, it must clearly disclose information such as: any recurring charge beyond the free trial, when the charge will take place, and how much it will be.
VPNs and proxy servers
Products and services under this category are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.