You must have the rights to use the images and logos in your ads. In addition to adhering to our, images in ads:
- Should not lack clarity: images should be relevant to the text in the ad copy or landing page, should not have non-English text, and not be too blurry or unclear to be easily viewable.
- Should not be misleading: images should not include elements designed to trick a person into clicking, and should not incorporate images with nonexistent functionality, such as play buttons, notification jewels, or checkboxes that are part of the image itself and are not actually functional.
- Should not include contact information: information on how an advertiser can be contacted (such as phone numbers and e-mail addresses) should be provided in the landing page, not in the ad copy.
- Should not include objectionable or excessive text: images should not include memes or profanity.
- Should not be sexual in nature: images should not depict nudity in any form, sexual acts in any form, nor sexual innuendo.
- Should not include violence: images should not depict violent acts or the physical results of violent acts, people harming themselves or others, graphic, gory content, nor Images with excessive blood.
- Should not include references to alcohol or drugs: images should not depict alcohol or drugs in any form, nor nicotine/tobacco products or the use of nicotine/tobacco products.
- Should not be sensational or controversial: images should not insult or disparage an individual person or groups of people, and should not involve sensational images that are meant to draw your attention by shocking you.
- Should not focus on physical deficiencies: images must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception in order to promote diet, weight loss, or other health related products.
- Should not include animation: images should not include animations or GIFs.
For more information about image size requirements, please see our Overview of Image Ads.