Conversion and CPA goals can vary across industries, products, and services. The following tips are general recommendations to improve conversion rates and CPAs.
- Evaluate your Campaign Structure to ensure it is optimized for budgeting and A/B testing.
- Install the Quora Pixel for conversion optimized campaigns. The pixel unlocks features such as Conversion Optimized bidding, and tracks conversions down to the ad level.
- Review your ad sets and ads and determine which ones are performing best after two weeks, minimum. Allocate more budget to the campaigns with the best CPA.
Ad Set Level
- Determine which ad sets have the best CPA after two weeks, minimum. Turn off underperforming ad sets to allocate more budget to high performing ad sets.
- If you are targeting multiple geographies, separate them into different ad sets or campaigns. This will help you monitor performance in each location so you can bid accordingly. You can also customize your creative for each location. If the campaigns are separated by location, you can allocate budgets to each location.
- Test other Primary Targeting Types:
- Topic & Interest Targeting: Duplicating a Topic Targeting ad set to an Interest Targeting ad set, or vice versa, is an efficient way to scale on Quora. The “Import Ad Set” tool allows you to duplicate these ad sets in seconds and switch between Contextual and Behavioral targeting.
- Question & Keyword Targeting: If you are using Question Targeting, ensure you are targeting questions relevant to your business, industry, or product. Keyword Targeting can be used to scale existing Question Targeting ad sets. You can also use keywords that are successful on search platforms as a base for Keyword Targeting.
- Question History & Keyword History Targeting. If you have a Question or Keyword ad set that's performing well, you can scale it further by creating a behavioral counterpart. That way, you retarget users that engaged with targeted questions or questions that contained your keywords. The “Import Ad Set” tool can be used to repurpose existing ad sets and switch between Contextual and Behavioral targeting.
- Audience Targeting: Re-marketing on Quora is commonly used for conversion campaigns. You can target your website visitors or create a lookalike audience to expand scale. Lookalike can be tested at varying ranges (ex. 1%, 5%, and 10%) to ensure a balance between volume and performance.
- Bid your true value of a click. After your campaign launches, you can utilize Auction Insights to determine next steps for your bid.
- If there are multiple ads in an ad set, turn off underperforming ads. This will give your high performing ads more delivery.
- Review your landing pages to ensure they are relevant to your call-to-action. For example, an ad for Quora would have a “Sign Up” call-to-action and redirect users to a log-in page.