Quora allows you to create two different types of conversions after a user views or clicks on one of your ads on Quora — the first type of conversion is known as a Standard Conversion and the second is called a Custom Conversion.
Standard Conversions can be used to track URL “Page Load Events”, like an order confirmation or thank you page. Standard Conversions can also be used to track “Inline Action Events,” which are conversions that do not lead to a new page load, like an "Add to Cart" button click.
Setting Up Standard Conversions
To create and track a Standard Conversion, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Pixels & Conversions page of your Quora Ads Manager.
- Click “Setup Pixel”.
- Choose how you would like to install the Quora Pixel: Option A) “Install Manually” or Option B) “Install with a Partner” (Google Tag Manager).
- If you chose Option A, follow the step-by-step instructions for installing both the Base Pixel and Event Pixel on your website.
- Base Pixel code must be installed on every page of your website.
- Event Pixel code can be installed for specific actions you’d like to track like a “Thank You” page load event or “Add to Cart” button click.
- If you chose Option B, select the integration partner you would like to use. We currently support Google Tag Manager (GTM). Here are step-by-step instructions to use GTM to install the Base Pixel and Event Pixel.
For Inline Action Events, you will also need to install the Base Pixel on every page of your website; however, you will not install the Inline Action Event Pixel on a separate page. Instead, please follow the instructions for installing the Inline Action Event Pixel provided by Quora Ads Manager, as you go through the Pixel setup flow.
Is there a difference between all the Standard Conversion events (ex. Generic, Purchase, Generate Lead, etc.)?
No. The names of these events are labels meant to help you understand which events you are tracking in the Quora Ads Manager. Their functionality and features are identical.
If your campaign objective is "Conversions" (selected on the "Edit Campaign" page), you must select the Standard or Custom Conversion that is tracking your desired conversion. This will determine what conversion column appears in your Ads Manager Dashboard. It will also be the conversion event we optimize towards if an advertiser opts to use Conversion Optimized bidding. This can be changed at anytime.
When installing the Quora Pixel, we recommend choosing a label that aligns with the conversion event you want to track. Unlike Custom Conversions, it is not possible to rename Standard Conversions. For example, lead generation campaigns would likely install the "Generate Lead" event code. If there are no labels close to your desired conversion, you can use the "Generic" label. Please note that the "Generic" event label is not part of the base code.