An advertising campaign on Quora has 3 related levels: the Campaign, Ad Set, and Ad. Together, these three levels make up the overall structure of your advertising campaign.
The Campaign level is where you set your overall campaign objective, such as driving conversions. Once you create a campaign, you will reach the Ad Set level, which is where you define your targeting strategy, select a bid, and decide who will see your ad. Finally, once you've chosen your targeting, you will reach the Ad level, where you create the ad that people will see.
Additional advice for structuring your campaign can be found in Best Practices: Campaign Structure.
What is a Campaign?
A campaign is the broadest layer of your advertising campaign. It's where you decide what this advertising campaign is all about, whether it's driving conversions, traffic to your website, app installs, or awareness of your product. The Campaign level is also where you decide how much you want to spend per day — you can also set a lifetime budget cap. Lastly, at the Campaign level, you will decide when you want your ads to run.
- Choose a Campaign objective.
- Set a daily or lifetime budget.
- Decide when your ads will run.
What is an Ad Set?
The Ad Set level is the core of your advertising campaign — it's where you decide what kind of targeting you want to use to reach your objective, as well as make important decisions about the locations where you want your ads to show, on what devices (and browsers) you will show ads, and how much you want to bid for your ad to be shown.
Bear in mind that you can have multiple ad sets within one campaign, each with different targeting and bidding selections.
Ad Set Checklist
- Choose your Primary Targeting.
- Specify the location(s) where you'd like your ads to show.
- Decide what device(s) you want to target. If you are targeting desktop platforms, you can also select your preferred browser(s).
- If applicable, specify the gender(s) you want to target.
- Select how much you'd like to bid.
What is an Ad?
An Ad is what people will actually see. At the Ad level, you will choose what type of ad you'd like to create, whether it's a text or image ad, or a promoted answer.
- Choose what type of ad you'd like to use.
- Fill in the needed details, such as headline and body text for text & image ads, or the necessary URL for promoted answers.