An advertising campaign on Quora has three levels: the Campaign, Ad Set, and Ad. Together, these three levels make up the overall structure of your advertising campaign.
Advice for structuring your campaign can be found in Best Practices: Campaign Structure.
Campaigns are the broadest level on Quora Ads. This is where you determine a campaign's objective, daily budget, and launch schedule. More information about Quora's objectives can be found in Breaking Down Campaign Objectives. Note that the objective you choose will not impact ad delivery. However, it determines what metrics appear on your dashboard.
- Choose a campaign objective.
- Set a daily budget, even if you have a lifetime budget.
- Decide when your ads will run.
Ad Set Level
The ad set level is the core of your advertising campaign. This is where you select the targeting used to reach your audience, along with the locations and devices where your ads will appear. You will also bid for your ads at the ad set level.
We recommend having 2-4 ad sets per campaign so you can test different targeting types or bidding methods.
Ad Set Checklist
- Choose your Primary Targeting.
- Specify the geographic location(s) you want to target.
- Decide which device(s) and brower(s) you want to target.
- If applicable, specify the gender(s) you want to target.
- Select your bid.
At the ad level, you will choose what type of ad you would like to create and how it will appear in front of users. You can choose a Text Ad, Image Ad, or Promoted Answers. All three ad units can be paired with Quora's Lead Gen Forms. Additional information can be found in Ad Creative.
Similar to your ad sets, we recommend having 2-4 ads per ad set so you can test different messages, images, or ad formats.
- Choose your ad's format.
- Fill in the required details (ex. headline, image, answer URL, etc.)