Quora video ads allow you to stand out on a text-based platform and captivate your audience with sight and sound. Video ads drive performance as well as enable brand awareness campaigns on the platform.
Table of Contents
- Additional Measurement Capabilities
- Where can my video ads appear on Quora?
- What are best practices for video ads?
Additional Measurement Capabilities
In addition to the standard metrics we track for Quora's other ad formats, video ad metrics include:
- Video views: the number of times your video was played for 2 continuous seconds or more, with at least 50% of the video on screen; or if the video was unmuted.
- View rate: number of views divided by impressions, as a percentage.
- Cost per view: cost divided by views.
- Views at 25%: number of times your video was watched to 25% of its length.
- Views at 50%: number of times your video was watched to 50% of its length.
- Views at 75%: number of times your video was watched to 75% of its length.
- Completed views: number of times video was viewed in full.
- Completed view rate: number of completed views divided by views, as a percentage.
- Cost per completed view: cost divided by completed views.
- Average playtime (seconds): total play time of your video divided by impressions, in seconds.
- Total playtime (seconds): total play time of your video, in seconds.
- Mutes: the number of times your video was muted.
- Unmutes: the number of times your video was unmuted.
- File format: MOV, MP4
- Audio format: AAC
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels
- Captions: Recommended but not required
- Headline: 65 characters max
- Description: 105 characters max
- CTA: Choose from 16 available CTAs
- Duration: 3-60 seconds
- File size: <= 70MB
- Minimum width/height: 640 x 360 pixels
- Maximum width/height: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Frame rate: <= 30fps
- Codec: H.264
Where can my video ads appear on Quora?
Video ads can appear on desktop and mobile devices anywhere other than question page and digest.
What are best practices for video ads?
Define your objective. Your video content will vary depending on if you’re targeting users in the awareness, consideration, or conversion stages.
Open with a bang. People’s attention spans are shorter than ever, so it’s crucial to make the first few seconds count.
Place your brand at the center. Have your logo visible within the video and repeat your name multiple times throughout the ad to improve brand recall.
Show, don’t tell. You’re using video for a reason. Let users experience your brand first-hand and limit text to the most powerful moments.
Caption your content. Captions are not required, but we recommend them to improve accessibility and ensure your video makes sense without audio.
Inspire action. Compel users to take the next step by choosing from 16 different calls-to-action available on Quora.