Promoted Answers may be paused for one of the following reasons:
- The answer was resubmitted for review. If you make a change to your ad or the author edits the answer that you're promoting, the ad will be re-reviewed. If you are running multiple ads that promote the same answer and the answer is edited, all of the ads will be reviewed. In the meantime, these ads will be paused.
- The answer is a duplicate. When questions are merged, duplicate answers by the same writer may be collapsed so that only one answer per person appears on a page.
- The answer was removed. Promoted Answers are paused if they are removed by the original author. Alternatively, Promoted Answers are reviewed by the ads review team and the content moderation team. It is possible that an answer was approved by the ads team, but later removed by the content moderation team. This can occur if the answer violates Quora policy. Quora Moderation collapses answers that violate policy or if the account’s name has been flagged as in violation of our real names policy. When an answer is collapsed this way, the specific policy that applies is always visible on the answer, and the author will be notified. If Quora Moderation collapsed your answer for a policy violation, you may appeal a collapsed answer at any time.
- The answer needs improvement to be helpful. Answers which are downvoted or which otherwise aren’t helpful to the person asking the question may be collapsed until they are edited. Answers are collapsed for this reason based on a variety of signals — votes, the credibility of the voters, the credibility of the author, the quality of the writing, etc. For more information, you can visit What kinds of answers on Quora are not helpful? If your answer was collapsed as needing improvement, the best thing to do is consider how you can edit the answer to make it more helpful. Editing answers to improve them may, in many cases, result in an automatic uncollapse.
- The question was edited ("Distribution Restricted"). When users suggest edits to a question, it is submitted for review. Until the question is approved, distribution of the question and its answers will be restricted. Advertisers with existing Promoted Answers will not have to change their answers. Ad delivery will resume automatically once the question is approved. For advertisers planning to use Promoted Answers, please wait until the question is approved (approximately 6 hours).