Installing the Quora Pixel with Google Tag Manager involves two parts:
- Installing the base pixel code on all pages of your website.
- Installing the event code for all actions you want to track including URL page load events and in-line actions, such as "Add to Cart".
Installing the Base Pixel
You can follow these steps to set up the Quora Base Pixel across all your web pages:
1) Navigate to the “Pixels & Conversions” tab within your Quora Ads Manager account.
2) On the top right, click “Setup Pixel” then select “Install with a Partner,” and then click “Continue”.
3) Copy your unique pixel ID to your clipboard, you will be pasting this in Google Tag Manager next.
4) Navigate to your Google Tag Manager account.
5) In Google Tag Manager, select “Tags,” then “New,” and then “Tag Configuration.” After, choose or search for “Quora Pixel” and click this option.
6) Paste your Quora pixel ID into the field labeled “Quora Pixel ID” and choose “Page View” to setup the base Quora pixel across all your site pages.
7) Choose “Triggering” and select the option that sets the tag up across all pages of your website. This is usually something like “All Pages.”
8) Finally, name your tag at the top left and click “Save” at the top right to save the Quora base pixel setup.
Please note that the Generic pixel is one of our nine conversion event types. It is not part of the Base Pixel. Learn more about our standard conversion types here.
Installing Event Pixels
Next, set up tracking for specific events in order to measure conversions, better understand campaign performance, and optimize towards the conversion events you care about.
1) Follow steps 1-5 above.
2) Paste your Quora pixel ID into the field labeled “Quora Pixel ID” and choose the event type name that best represents the conversion event you want to track. For example, choose “Generate Lead” if you want to track when you capture a lead on your website.
3) Choose “Triggering” and choose the option that sets the tag up for when your conversion event happens. For example, if you chose “Generate Lead,” then select the trigger for when you are capturing a lead on your website.
4) Finally name your tag at the top left and click “Save” at the top right to save the specific Quora event setup.