Installing the Quora Pixel with Google Tag Manager involves two parts:
- Installing the Base Pixel code on all pages of your website.
- Installing the Event Pixel code for all actions you want to track including URL page load events and in-line actions, such as "Add to Cart".
To implement Advanced Match, please follow the instructions available here.
Installing the Base Pixel
You can follow these steps to set up the Quora Base Pixel across all your web pages:
1) Navigate to the Pixels & Events tab within your Quora Ads Manager account.
2) Click “Setup Pixel” (located in the center for new accounts) then select Install with a Partner. Click “Next" to continue.
3) Click on your unique pixel ID to copy it to your clipboard, you will be pasting this in Google Tag Manager next.
4) Navigate to your Google Tag Manager account.
5) In Google Tag Manager, select “Tags,” then “New,” and then “Tag Configuration.” After, choose or search for “Quora Pixel” and click this option.
6) Paste your Quora pixel ID into the field labeled “Quora Pixel ID” and choose “Page View” to setup the base Quora pixel across all your site pages.
7) Choose “Triggering” and select the option that sets the tag up across all pages of your website. This is usually something like “All Pages.”
8) Finally, name your tag at the top left and click “Save” at the top right to save the Quora Base Pixel setup.
Please note that the "Generic" Event Type is one of the nine Standard Events available for our Event Pixel. It is not part of the Base Pixel.
Installing Event Pixels
Next, set up tracking for specific events in order to measure conversions, better understand campaign performance, and optimize towards the conversion events you care about.
1) Follow steps 1-5 above. Conversions cannot be tracked without the Base Pixel.
2) Paste your Quora pixel ID into the field labeled “Quora Pixel ID” and choose the Event Type label that best represents the conversion event you want to track. For example, choose “Generate Lead” if you want to track when you capture a lead on your website.
3) Choose “Triggering” and choose the option that sets the tag up for when your conversion event happens. For example, if you chose “Generate Lead,” then select the trigger for when you are capturing a lead on your website.
4) Finally name your tag at the top left and click “Save” at the top right to save the specific Quora event setup.
5) Optional: Repeat steps 2-4 to set up tracking for additional events.
Checking the Quora Pixel
Check the status of your pixels on the Pixels & Events tab of the Quora Ads Manager. This tab shows the number of times your Base and Event pixels were fired in the last 15 minutes, regardless of their source. Please note that conversions attributed to your Quora campaigns will be measured in your 'Manage Ads' dashboard.
If a pixel's status is "Inactive" or no events are recorded in the last 15 minutes, try a test conversion:
1) Manually generate a conversion by navigating to the URL where you set up your conversion. If you are tracking an inline action event, perform the action.
2) Wait at least 2 minutes.
3) Go back to the Pixels & Events tab and check if the Occurrences in Past 15 Minutes column displays a non-zero value for the conversion you are testing. Note that the Base Pixel will have its events displayed on the bottom left corner.