About Quora Ads’ Pixel Tracking Partners
To better evaluate your campaigns’ impact, Quora has integrated with industry-leading tracking partners. Businesses working with these vendors can leverage their tracking mechanisms to have a complete view of their advertising performance.
Third-party (3P) trackers import Quora campaign traffic to third-party tracking providers. Advertisers who use these providers are able to append trackers to their creatives to confirm the validity of ad traffic delivered by our ad server, such as click and impression tracking, and also receive additional tracking data that is generated by these tracking providers, for a more complete view of their advertising performance and other metrics (viewability, brand safety, fraud protection and view through conversions).
At this time, Quora is integrated with the following platforms:
- Integral Ad Science (IAS)
- Campaign Manager 360
- Lucid (a Cint Group company)
- Flash (by MediaOcean)
(Note: Third-party pixel tracking is not supported in Quora Digest emails, so reporting would not include Digest ad impressions.)
Implementing third-party impression tracking in Quora Ads Manager
- Tracking links from a verified partner can be added on the “Create an ad” page of your Ads Manager.
- Under “Third-party trackers” select impression tracking.
- Copy and paste your tracking link starting from "https://..."
- Click “Add a Tracker” to add additional links.
For assistance creating your tracking URL, contact the respective partner’s support or sales team.
Frequently Asked Questions
What ad formats and placements are supported for 3P tracking?
- We currently support 3P tracking on Text, Image and Promoted Answer ads in Feed and Question page placements. We do not currently support 3P tracking on Video ads and ad placements in Digest emails.
Can you wrap the tracking URL with multiple tags? If this happens, what are the implications for pixel partners that we don’t currently support?
- Yes. Advertisers can wrap their trackers in more than one tag, but we won’t be able to validate if the pixel is firing correctly, if we do not currently support measurement with the partner.
Can I append impression tracking to URLs with UTMs?
Where do I direct questions about the 3P reporting and partner dashboard?
- If you have questions about reporting or getting access to a dashboard, please contact the respective partner page as we do not have visibility into our partners’ platforms.
Why is there a discrepancy between the click or impression counts shown in QAM vs. in the partner reporting dashboard?
- Nuances in third-party metrics?
- Each third-party platform will define and measure specific metrics differently. Take another look at your third-party platform’s documentation to find out how they define their metrics.
- Limitations of the user’s browser or device?
- Your third-party tracking code might get blocked by a Quora user’s privacy settings on the browser or device (an ad blocker they installed, for example).
- Date / time zone difference?
- When you compare reporting from your third-party analytics platform to Quora Ads, make sure you’re looking at the same date range.
- Deployment issue with your third-party analytics tool?
- If your third-party analytics tracking isn’t set up correctly on your site, your third-party reporting may be incomplete or wrong. Reach out to your vendor to confirm that analytics tracking is configured correctly on your site.
Can I use these integrations for App Install campaigns?
- Quora’s Pixel Tracking Partners support click and impression tracking. To measure app installs, we recommend working with one of our verified Mobile Measurement Partners (MMPs).