Ad sets can be duplicated through two different buttons:
- Duplicate [an] ad set if you want to copy over all attributes of an ad set, including the associated ad creative. Your targeting method (ex. Topic Targeting) cannot be changed.
- Import [an] ad set if you want to copy over specific attributes, or if you want to change your targeting method (ex. Topic Targeting → Interest Targeting). Importing an ad set will not copy over ads within an ad set.
To import an ad set:
- Navigate to a campaign and click "Create Ad Set."
- Click the "Import Ad Set" button on the bottom left corner.
- Select the ad set you'd like to import from the dropdown menu. Optional: Deselect the ad set attributes you do not want to import.
- Click "Import Fields."
If you want to copy over ad creative, we recommend duplicating your ad sets. (Note: you will not be able to switch your Primary Targeting Type with ad set duplication). For more information, please see How do I duplicate ad sets?.