You can duplicate an ad set in two ways, by using import ad set or duplicate ad set feature.
- Duplicate ad set is useful when you want to copy over all attributes of an ad set including the associated ad creative. Your Primary Targeting (ex. Topic Targeting) will not change.
- Import ad set is useful when you want to be selective about ad set attributes you want to copy, and do not want to copy over ad creative. Primary Targeting can be changed with this option (ex. Topic Targeting → Interest Targeting).
To import an ad set:
- Navigate to a campaign and click "Create Ad Set."
- Click the "Import Ad Set" button on the bottom left corner.
- Select the ad set you'd like to import from the dropdown menu.
- Optional: deselect the ad set attributes you do not want to import.
- Click "Import Fields."
If you also want to copy over ad creative, we recommend duplicating your ad sets. (Note: you will not be able to switch your Primary Targeting Type with ad set duplication). For more information, please see How do I duplicate ad sets?.