What happened and why?
Read Quora blog post at: https://blog.quora.com/Quora-Security-Update
Where can I learn more about this incident?
How do I know if my Ads Manager data was compromised?
We are sending email notifications to administrators of Ads Manager accounts that were impacted.
What Ads Manager account data could have been accessed?
For impacted Ads Manager accounts, a few categories of information were accessed:
- Account information available on the Ads Manager account settings page
- The email address provided for notifications about your ad campaigns
- Campaign structure and setup, including information like budgets, schedule, bids, targeting, and ad information
- Notifications that were in your Ads Manager, such as ad paused, logo approved, and ad ready
- Audience setup information available on the Ads Manager audience page such as types and creation date
Categories of data that were not accessed or compromised include:
- Aggregated or log level impression, click, conversion, or spend data
- User level audience information from website traffic audiences and lookalikes
- Aggregated or log level pixel data
Was pixel data accessed?
No, pixel log data was not accessed.
Was impression level, click level, or conversion level log data accessed?
No, none of this data was accessed.
Should an advertiser change/update/get a new pixel?
No, there is no need to change a pixel. Additionally, no pixel log data was accessed.
Do I need to take further action to secure my account?
We have taken the necessary measures to secure advertisers' accounts and data. You will receive a notification from Quora for any action necessary on your Quora user account. There is nothing additional you need to do to secure your Ads Manager account.
Will this affect the delivery of my ads?
No, this will not impact delivery of your ads.