On Quora Ads, you can measure conversions in two different ways. The first method is through a Standard Event, and the second method is through a Custom Event.
Custom Events can track conversions based on URL page load events without needing to install an Event Pixel. Note that the Base Pixel is still required to be on every page of your website, otherwise Custom Events will not work.
If you already have the Base Pixel installed, you will not need to work with a technical team to create a Custom Event. However, whenever possible, we recommend using a Standard Event since Custom Events are limited in functionality.
Setting Up Custom Events
You can create a Custom Event in two locations within the Quora Ads Manager: on the Pixels & Events tab or the Create/Edit a Campaign page.
To create a Custom Event on the Pixels & Events tab, follow the steps below:
- Click the “Create Event” button in the upper right corner.
- Enter the information requested when you see the following pop-up on your screen:
- Event Name & Description: Give your event a name and description that will help you keep track of it.
- Category: Select what kind of conversion this is (Purchase, Generate Lead, etc.)
- URL Event: Specify the URL parameters on your website that indicate when a conversion has taken place. The URL must be a page that loads and it must have the Base Pixel installed.
If you are building or editing a campaign, you can also create a Custom Event on the Edit Campaign page. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your Ads Manager.
- Click the “Create Campaign” button, or go to the Edit Campaign page of an existing campaign.
- Set your campaign's objective to "Conversions."
- Under the Select A Conversion Event section, click the “Create Custom Event" option in the dropdown.
- Enter the information requested when you see the pop-up (pictured above) on your screen.
Bear in mind that in order to see Custom Events in your Ads Manager dashboard, you will need to customize the columns of your performance table. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Manage Ads tab on your Quora Ads Manager.
- Click the circular metric button on the right side of the screen above your performance table.
- Locate the name of your Custom Event and click on it to select the metrics yo would like to see.
- Click "Apply."
How do I edit Custom Events?
You can edit the name and description of a Custom Event from the Pixels & Events tab. Select the conversion you want to edit and click "Edit Event" in the upper right corner. You can also hover your mouse over the Custom Event and click the pencil icon to edit.
You cannot edit the URL Events or Category of an existing Custom Event. If you would like to do this, please create a new Custom Event.
Is there a limit to the number of Custom Events I can make?
Accounts can have up to 10 Custom Events. If you have reached this maximum and want to create a new one, you must delete an existing Custom Event.