If you would like to set up the Quora Pixel with Google Tag Manager, please follow the instructions available here.
Manually installing the Quora Pixel involves two parts:
- Installing the Base Pixel code on all pages of your website.
- Installing the Event Pixel code for all actions you want to track, including URL page load events and in-line actions, such as an "Add to Cart" button.
To implement Advanced Match, please follow the instructions available here.
Installing the Base Pixel
- Navigate to the Pixels & Events tab in your Quora Ads Manager.
- Click “Setup Pixel” and then click “Next”. Install Manually is the default selection.
- Click on the Base Pixel Code to copy it to your clipboard. Paste the Base Pixel code between the <head></head> tags on every page of your website.
- Once you have the Base Pixel installed, click "Next" to install the Event Pixel code(s).
Installing Event Pixels
Next, set up tracking for specific events in order to measure conversions, understand campaign performance, and optimize towards the conversion events you care about.
- Follow steps 1-4 above. Conversions cannot be tracked without the Base Pixel.
- Under Event, choose a label for your event that matches your campaign objective.
- A) If you expect conversions to occur on page load events, click on the Event Pixel code under For Page Load Events. This will save the code on your clipboard. Paste this code immediately after the Base Pixel Code on the page with your conversion event (e.g. a 'thank you' page.) Do not alter the code. Otherwise, your Event Pixel will not function.
- Optional: Repeat steps 2-4 to set up tracking for additional events.
- Once successfully installed, you can access a variety of features such as Conversion Optimized Bidding, multi-event conversion tracking, performance and conversion data, and Audience Targeting.
Checking the Quora Pixel
Check the status of your pixels on the Pixels & Events tab. This tab shows the number of times your Base and Event pixels were fired in the last 15 minutes, regardless of their source. Please note that conversions attributed to your Quora campaigns are measured on the 'Manage Ads' tab.
If a pixel's status is "Inactive," or no events are recorded in the last 15 minutes, try a test conversion:
- Manually generate a conversion by navigating to the URL where you set up your conversion. If you are tracking an inline action event, perform the action.
- Wait at least 2 minutes.
- Go back to the Pixels & Events tab and check if the Occurrences in Past 15 Minutes column displays a non-zero value for the conversion you are testing. Note that the Base Pixel will have its events displayed on the bottom left corner.
Article is closed for comments.