Impression volume is driven by primary targeting, secondary targeting, and bid.
- Add topics and interests if you are using Topic and Interest Targeting. If you have 1 million+ potential impressions, your campaign will be too broad. Break down the topics in existing ad sets into new ad sets to better understand the topics driving performance.
- Question Targeting is the most granular form of targeting that allows you to pinpoint and target specific questions on Quora. You can place customized ads next to questions that are relevant to your product, service, or business. However, due to its granularity, Question Targeting can be harder to scale. If you want additional volume, Question History can potentially reach more users.
- If you are using Keyword Targeting, use keywords you are currently using in search campaigns (ex. Google AdWords). Adding Broad Match keywords will also add volume to an ad set. You can also repurpose keywords into a Keyword History ad set.
- Potential impressions in Audience Targeting are determined by the audience's size. Website and List Match Audience sizes are calculated in the Audiences tab of the ads manager. You can expand these audiences by creating a Lookalike Audience. Please note that Lookalike Audience sizes appear in your ad set when it is being targeted.
- If you do not specify a location to target, your ads will be delivered globally to users using the English version of Quora.
- Target mobile and desktop platforms to add additional scale to your campaigns. Include all mobile devices and browsers to optimize volume.
- Target “All genders” in ad sets so your ads are delivered to all demographic groups.
- Bidding competitively can help you win more auctions. After you select your targeting preferences, we will provide a suggested bid at the bottom of the Edit Ad Set page. This bid reflects the competitiveness of the marketplace in the context of your targeting. Bidding at or above this level will increase your likelihood of winning auctions. For more advice on bidding, please refer to our article on Choosing Your Bid.
Please note, the number of impressions that your ads receive can vary on any given day based on several factors:
- The number of times people engage with questions within your targeted topics
- Your CPC bid in relation to competitor bids
- The likelihood of a user clicking or converting on your ads
- Fluctuations in visitors, customer behavior and continually changing Quora content
- Seasonal and current events. For instance, in the summer, you may find that users reading question content related to summer activities or summer jobs.
The above and other factors may result in standard fluctuations in your impression volume.