Keyword Targeting helps you find relevant questions to display your ad on based on the words you specify. Keyword Targeting can also help advertisers tailor their ad copy to align with users' customer journeys.
Where will my ads appear?
Keyword Targeting is a form of contextual targeting. Ads will appear alongside all questions that match the keywords provided. This includes question pages and questions expanded on a feed.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Keyword Targeting?
Advertisers who have seen success on search platforms can repurpose their keywords to target users at various stages of intent on Quora. Keyword Targeting is especially recommended for businesses interested in scaling their Question Targeting efforts.
How do I set up Keyword Targeting?
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click “Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under Choose Primary Targeting, select "Contextual Targeting."
- Next, select "Keywords."
- In the "Keywords" field, copy-and-paste keywords you used on other search platforms, or manually type your keywords. You can also exclude Keywords that you do not want to be associated with your ads.
- Select your secondary targeting preferences and bid.
- Click “Continue” to save your changes.
- Navigate to a campaign and click "Create Ad Set."
- Click the "Import Ad Set" button on the bottom left corner.
- Select the Keyword History ad set you'd like to import from the dropdown menu.
- Optional: deselect the ad set attributes you do not want to import.
- Click "Import Fields."
- Click "Contextual Targeting."
- Click "Continue" to save your ad set.
What are the differences between Broad and Phrase match?
Quora offers 2 types of keyword matching: broad match and phrase match. These matching types help you control how closely related questions need to be for your ad to be displayed. Keyword matching is not case sensitive.
- Broad match helps you reach a larger audience by displaying your ad on question pages with close variations of your keywords. It is helpful when you have limited time to maximize your impressions.
- Phrase match allows for narrower targeting by displaying your ad only where there is an exact keyword match. Since a word-for-word match is required, you can reach customers who expressed a specific intent that matches your business offering.
- Exclude filters out questions that contain keywords you do not wish to target. Please note that adding too many exclusions can reduce your reach.
What are best practices for Keyword Targeting?
- Leverage existing keywords. If you run ads on search platforms, test your existing keywords in an ad set. You can do this by copying and pasting comma separated keywords directly into your ad set. You can also use existing keywords to find comparable matches that are specific to Quora.
- Future-proof your keywords. Thousands of questions are added to Quora every day. Keyword Targeting automatically includes new questions, so your ad set continuously targets relevant content with no additional work from you.
- Customize your ad copy. Keyword Targeting lets brands to tailor their ad copy to closely map their targeted keywords.
- Research existing Quora questions. If you are building keyword lists for the first time, think about what questions your customers are searching for and reading on Quora. For example, if your business sells software that helps people with their personal finances, some relevant keywords include personal finance, budgeting, financial advice, investment help, and banking advice. You can exclude keywords that aren't relevant to your business like taxes, stock trading, “real estate”.
- Pair it Promoted Answers. Write answers about your product, service, or industry and target users reading those answers.