Where will my ads appear?
Answer History Targeting shows ads to users who previously read a specific answer in a given time period, up to 30 days ago. Ads are shown on users' feeds, topic feeds, and question pages.
Note: The time period you select is rolling for the duration of the campaign; automatically adding newly eligible people who see those answers today, and removing people who saw the answers too long ago.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Answer History Targeting?
Use Answer History to retarget users who have read your past Promoted Answers, or any other answers on Quora. This allows you to return to this highly engaged audience with a strong follow-up message to deepen engagement or drive conversions.
How do I set up Answer History Targeting?
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click "Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under Targeting select “Behavioral” and then the “Answer History” option.
- Select a rolling time window for including users. Users will be included in your audience if they engaged with any of the targeted answers within that many days.
- Paste answer URLs into the “Targeted answer URLs” field. Eligible URLs will change into a pill. An error message will appear if any URLs you ad are not eligible (see eligibility requirements in the next section). Instructions for finding answer URLs are available in a link below the text field.
- Remove URLs by clicking the “X” at the right side of any URL pill, or by pressing the delete key for the last URL entered.
- Set your Targeting Exclusions and Placement preferences and bid.
- Click “Continue” to save your changes.
Answer History Targeting eligibility requirements
- Only publicly available answers and Spaces answers can be targeted. Posts, re-posts are not eligible.
- The answer URLs you enter must be the full URL. They cannot be shortened by an external URL shortener.
What are best practices for Answer History Targeting?
- Make sure the answers you’re targeting were broadly seen. We do not provide audience sizing estimations during ad creation for this targeting type, so you’ll need to make sure the answers have been viewed enough to have an audience size worthy of your budget and conversion expectations.
- In general, an answer should be live for at least two weeks before using this targeting type. This allows enough time to gather initial launch data for our machine learning systems, rather than risking first results being slow to scale.
- Separate your Answer History Targeting initiatives into their own campaigns with their own dedicated budgets.
Answer History Targeting FAQs
How many answers can I target in a campaign?
The “Targeted answer URLs” list can include up to 100 answers.
Who can see Answer History ads?
People become eligible for Answer History Targeting if they have clicked “See more” or have otherwise seen the full content of the answers listed. People are not included if they only have an impression on the answers.
Can I target people who read the answer but did not click links to my website or buy from my website?
Yes. First, set up the Answer History Targeting as your Targeting type. Then use the “Exclude audience” field to remove audience members that went further down your conversion funnel. For example, create an audience from your website’s Quora pixels that represent the people who visited or converted. That way, you can reserve the message for people who haven’t yet made it to that step.