Interest Targeting allows you to target users on Quora who have demonstrated recent engagement behaviors such as question answering, viewing, and up-voting across a vast variety of Topics.
Where will my ads appear?
As a behavioral targeting feature, ads will only show to people who show interest in the Topics you have selected. The ads are shown to these people on all pages, including question pages and user feeds.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Interest Targeting?
Interest Targeting helps advertisers obtain broader reach while showing ads in front of users interested in their products, services, or industry. This option maximizes your impression potential, so it can be used for traffic generation, brand awareness, and conversions.
How do I set up Interest Targeting?
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click “+Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under “Primary Targeting”, select "Behavioral Targeting".
- Next, select "Interests" from the menu below.
- Interests can be added manually into the “Targeted Interests” field. You can also enter relevant keywords into the “Bulk Add” feature in order to receive suggestions for comparable Quora Interests.
- Select your secondary targeting preferences and bid.
- Click “Update” to save your changes.
What are best practices for Interest Targeting?
- Leverage keywords that are relevant to you. Look for keywords that you’ve used on other advertising platforms that have been effective and could translate well into interests on Quora.
- Expand your reach. Use both Topic Targeting and Interest Targeting in separate Ad Sets to test which targeting type works most effectively for your campaign goals.
- Strike a balance. Make sure you are targeting interests that are relevant to your product or service and selecting enough interests to ensure reach.
- Install the Quora Pixel. The Quora Pixel allows you to see conversion data for your campaigns in the Quora Ads Manager, driving insights that can help optimize your performance and meet your goals.