Interest Targeting lets you target Quora users who recently engaged with a vast variety of Topics. Behaviors that signal engagement include question answering, viewing, and upvoting.
Where will my ads appear?
Interest Targeting is a behavioral targeting option. Therefore, ads will only appear to users who show interest in the Topics you select. Qualified users can see your ads on all available pages, including question pages and user feeds.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Interest Targeting?
Interest Targeting helps businesses obtain broader reach while showing ads to users interested in their products, services, or industry. This maximizes your impression potential, so it can be used for traffic generation, brand awareness, and conversions.
How do I set up Interest Targeting?
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click "Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under Choose Primary Targeting, select “Behavioral Targeting.” Interest Targeting will be the default selection.
- Interests can be added manually into the “Targeted Interests” field. You can also enter relevant keywords into the “Bulk Add” tool to receive suggestions for comparable interests on Quora.
- Select your secondary targeting preferences and bid.
- Click “Update” to save your changes.
What are best practices for Interest Targeting?
- Leverage keywords that are relevant to you. Look for keywords you use on other advertising platforms that have been effective. These keywords can translate well into Quora interests.
- Expand your reach. In the same campaign, use Topic Targeting and Interest Targeting in separate ad sets to test which targeting type works best for your goals.
- Strike a balance. Make sure you are targeting interests that are relevant to your product or service, and select enough interests to ensure reach.
- Install the Quora Pixel. The Quora Pixel lets you evaluate conversion data for your campaigns in the Quora Ads Manager, driving insights that can help optimize your performance and meet your goals.