Where will my ads appear?
Question History shows ads to users who previously read a specific question in a given time period (ex. the last 20 days). Ads are shown on users' feeds, topic feeds, and question pages.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Question History Targeting?
Question History Targeting lets you reengage with users who read questions related to your business. This offers a way to "follow up" with users who have strong intent and already indicated they are in the market for your product or service. Users are qualified to be included in Question History Targeting if, in the defined time period, they did one of the following actions:
- They visited your targeted question's page.
- They read an answer to your targeted question
How do I set up Question History Targeting?
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click “Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under Choose Primary Targeting, select "Behavioral Targeting."
- Next, select "Question History."
- Specify the Time Window you'd like to use for this ad set.
- Copy and paste questions into the "Search for Questions" field or use the “Bulk Add” button. The "Bulk Add" tool uses keywords to search for relevant Quora questions. You can also input a Quora Session URL to retarget every question from a Session.
- Select your secondary targeting preferences and bid.
- Click “Continue” to save your changes.
If you are using Question Targeting in another ad set, you can use the “Import Ad Set” feature to transfer your existing questions into Question History Targeting. Instructions to do this are as follows:
- Navigate to a campaign and click "Create Ad Set."
- Click the "Import Ad Set" button on the bottom left corner.
- Select the Question ad set you'd like to import from the dropdown menu.
- Optional: deselect the ad set attributes you do not want to import.
- Click "Import Fields."
- Click "Behavioral Targeting."
- Click "Continue" to save your ad set.
What are best practices for Question History Targeting ?
- Choose the right questions. Choose questions that you think your potential customers might be looking up or researching.
- Leverage relevant keywords. When using the "Bulk Add" tool, add keywords you used on other advertising platforms that have been effective and could translate well into Quora questions.
- Pair it with Promoted Answers. Write answers about your product, service, or industry and retarget users who visited the question to reengage with them.
- Write relevant ad copy. Tie your ad copy back to the questions they read. Can they learn more on your website? Do you have information on your website that they need? Does your product directly answer the questions they read? Tailoring your ad to your targeted questions helps align your message to the user's customer journey.
Article is closed for comments.