Where will my ads appear?
Question History shows ads to users who previously read a question. Advertisers will be able to target ads towards users who visited specific question page(s) in a given time period (ex. the last 20 days). Ads are shown on users' feeds, topic feeds, and question pages.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Question History Targeting?
Question History Targeting allows you to reengage with users who have previously read questions that are relevant to your business goals. This method is a great way for you to reach people who have expressed a strong intent for a question or subject. This is valuable because you can “follow up” with a person who has already indicated that they may be in the market for a product or service that you provide. Users are qualified to be included in Question History Targeting for a question if, in the defined time period:
- They visited that Question page.
- They expanded an answer to that Question in Quora’s feed, digest, or other places.
- The question was answered during a Session and they visited that Sessions page.
How do I set up Question History Targeting?
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click “Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under Choose Primary Targeting, select "Behavioral Targeting."
- Next, select "Question History."
- Specify the Time Window you'd like to use for this ad set.
- Copy and paste questions into the "Search for Questions" field or use the “Bulk Add” button. The "Bulk Add" tool uses keywords to search for relevant Quora questions. You can also input a Quora Session URL to retarget every question from a Session.
- Select your secondary targeting preferences and bid.
- Click “Continue” to save your changes.
If you are using Question Targeting in another ad set, you can use the “Import Ad Set” feature to transfer your existing questions into Question History Targeting. Instructions to do this are as follows:
- Navigate to a campaign and click "Create Ad Set."
- Click the "Import Ad Set" button on the bottom left corner.
- Select the Question ad set you'd like to import from the dropdown menu.
- Optional: deselect the ad set attributes you do not want to import.
- Click "Import Fields."
- Click "Behavioral Targeting."
- Click "Continue" to save your ad set.
What are best practices for Question History Targeting ?
- Pair it with Sessions and Promoted Answers. Write answers about your product, service, industry, or people and retarget ads to people reading those answers for more conversions.
- Leverage keywords that are relevant to you. Look for keywords that you’ve used on other advertising platforms that have been effective and could translate well into questions on Quora.
- Write relevant ad copy. Make sure your ad copy is relevant to the question. We found that ad copy that essentially provides an answer to the question can significantly increase CTR performance.
- Choose the right questions. Choose questions that you think your potential customers might be looking up or researching.