Most content on Quora is organized in the form of questions and answers. With Question Targeting, ads are only shown on specific question pages, allowing you to tailor your message to that content. This is our most granular level of targeting and allows you to capture impression share of voice at the question level.
Where will my ads appear?
Question Targeting shows ads to users reading a specific question. Ads will appear on the question page(s), or when a user expands your targeted question on a feed.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Question Targeting?
Question Targeting can be effective for brand awareness and conversions if used strategically. As the most granular form of targeting on Quora, scaling these ad sets will be more challenging. Therefore, we strongly recommend using it when there is at least one other targeting type being used in your Ads Manager (ex. Topic Targeting, Audience Targeting, etc.)
How do I set up Question Targeting?
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click “Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under Choose Choose Primary Targeting, select "Contextual Targeting".
- Next, select "Questions" from the menu below.
- Copy and paste questions into the "Search for Questions" field or use the “Bulk Add” button. The "Bulk Add" tool uses keywords to search for relevant Quora questions. You can also input a Quora Session URL to target every question from a Session.
- Select your secondary targeting preferences and bid.
- Click “Continue” to save your changes.
If you are using Question History Targeting in another ad set, you can use the “Import Ad Set” feature to transfer your existing questions into Question Targeting. Instructions to do this are as follows:
- Navigate to a campaign and click "Create Ad Set."
- Click the "Import Ad Set" button on the bottom left corner.
- Select the Question History ad set you'd like to import from the dropdown menu.
- Optional: deselect the ad set attributes you do not want to import.
- Click "Import Fields."
- Click "Contextual Targeting."
- Click "Continue" to save your ad set.
What are best practices for Question Targeting?
- Choose the right questions. Choose questions that you think your potential customers might be looking up or researching.
- Tailor your ad copy. The greatest advantage to using Question Targeting is the specificity. Make sure your ad copy is relevant to the questions in your ad set. We found that ad copy that essentially answers the targeted question(s) can significantly increase CTRs.
- Leverage relevant keywords. When using the "Bulk Add" tool, add keywords you used on other advertising platforms that have been effective and could translate well into Quora questions.
- Balance volume. If Question Targeting is the only method being used in your campaign, your volume will be limited. Create another campaign or ad set to test 1+ additional targeting method in addition to Question Targeting. This will help your campaign balance contextual relevance and scale.