Most content on Quora is organized in the form of questions and answers. With Question Targeting, ads are only shown on specific question pages, allowing you to tailor your message to that content. This is our most granular level of targeting and allows you to capture impression share of voice at the question level.
Where will my ads appear?
Question Targeting shows ads to users reading a question. Ads will only appear on the question page(s) you choose.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Question Targeting?
Question Targeting can be effective for brand awareness and conversions if used strategically. However, as the most granular form of targeting on Quora, scaling Question Targeting ad sets will be more challenging.
How do I set up Question Targeting?
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click “Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under Choose Choose Primary Targeting, select "Contextual Targeting".
- Next, select "Questions" from the menu below.
- Copy and paste questions into the "Search for Questions" field or use the “Bulk Add” button. The "Bulk Add" tool uses keywords to search for relevant Quora questions. You can also input a Quora Session URL to target every question from a Session.
- Select your secondary targeting preferences and bid.
- Click “Continue” to save your changes.
If you are using Question History Targeting in another ad set, you can use the “Import Ad Set” feature to transfer your existing questions into Question Targeting. Instructions to do this are as follows:
- Navigate to a campaign and click "Create Ad Set."
- Click the "Import Ad Set" button on the bottom left corner.
- Select the Question History ad set you'd like to import from the dropdown menu.
- Optional: deselect the ad set attributes you do not want to import.
- Click "Import Fields."
- Click "Contextual Targeting."
- Click "Continue" to save your ad set.
What are best practices for Question Targeting?
- Leverage keywords that are relevant to you. Look for keywords that you’ve used on other advertising platforms that have been effective and could translate well into questions on Quora.
- Write relevant ad copy. Make sure your ad copy is relevant to the question. We found that ad copy that essentially provides an answer to the question can significantly increase CTR performance.
- Choose the right questions. Choose questions that you think your potential customers might be looking up or researching.