Question and answer pages are grouped into Topics on Quora. Target the Topics relevant to your business to reach your target audiences.
Where will my ads appear?
As a form of contextual targeting, Topic Targeting shows ads alongside question pages and feeds that are tagged with specific Topics.
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
When do I use Topic Targeting?
Topic Targeting is the most widely used targeting option on Quora Ads. It allows advertisers to obtain broader scale and reach while maintaining contextual relevancy. Utilizing this contextual targeting strategy is a good indicator of relevancy and intent on our platform. This option maximizes your impression potential, so it can be used for traffic generation, brand awareness, and conversions.
How do I set up Topic Targeting
- Click your desired campaign.
- Click "Create Ad Set” and name your ad set.
- Under Choose Primary Targeting, select “Contextual Targeting.” Topic Targeting will be the default selection.
- Topics can be added manually into the “Targeted Topics” field. You can also enter relevant keywords into the “Bulk Add” tool to receive suggestions for comparable Quora topics.
- Select your secondary targeting preferences and bid.
- Click “Update” to save your changes.
What are best practices for Topic Targeting?
- Leverage topics that are relevant to you. Look for keywords that you’ve used on other advertising platforms that have been effective and could translate well into topics on Quora.
- Identify keywords within your ad copy that might be relevant and aligned with topics that already exist on Quora.
- Your company or product may have a pre-existing topic on Quora which can be added to your targeting.
- Your competitors or their products or services may also have pre-existing topics on Quora that can be targeted. Related companies or partner industries may also be good to explore.
- Expand your reach. Use both Topic Targeting and Interest Targeting in separate ad sets to test which targeting type works most effectively for your campaign goals.
- Strike a balance. Make sure you are targeting topics that are relevant to your product or service and selecting enough topics to ensure reach. Being too specific will limit the reach potential of your campaign, whereas selecting completely irrelevant topics will lower lead quality and hurt performance.
- Install the Quora Pixel. The Quora Pixel allows you to see conversion data for your campaigns in the Quora Ads Manager, driving insights that can help optimize your performance and meet your goals.