Where will my ads appear?
Keyword History shows ads to users who previously read a question that contains a specific keyword. This lets businesses target users who visited groups of questions in a given time period (ex. the last 20 days).
For more information about ad placement, please see Where do Quora ads appear?
How is Keyword History targeting different from Question History Targeting?
Question History Targeting targets users who viewed specific questions (ex. "What personal finance tips do you have?"). In contrast, Keyword History Targeting targets users who viewed specific groups of questions (ex. all questions that mention "personal finance"). This lets you to target more users who have seen a larger number of questions compared to Question History.
For more information about Question History, please see Question History Targeting.
When do I use Keyword History Targeting?
Keyword History Targeting lets you to reengage with users who previously read questions related to your business. This adds value to your campaigns as a way to "follow up" with users who already indicated they are in the market for your product or service. Users are qualified to be included in Keyword History Targeting if, in the defined time period, they did one of the following actions:
- They visited a question page, and the question contained your keyword
- They read an answer to a question that contained your keyword
How do I set up Keyword History Targeting?
A quick way to get started with Keyword History Targeting is to use your existing keywords. Keywords can come from another search platform, or an existing Keyword Targeting ad set. You can do this by copying and pasting comma separated keywords directly into the ad set. If you have a ad set, you can also use the "Import Ad Set" tool to import your Keyword ad set and switch it to Keyword History Targeting.
If this is your first time using Keyword and Keyword History Targeting, you can follow these steps:
- Navigate to a campaign and click "Create Ad Set."
- Click the "Import Ad Set" button on the bottom left corner.
- Select the Keyword ad set you'd like to import from the dropdown menu.
- Optional: deselect the ad set attributes you do not want to import.
- Click "Import Fields."
- Click "Behavioral Targeting."
- Click "Continue" to save your ad set.
What are the differences between Broad and Phrase match?
Quora offers 2 types of keyword matching: broad match and phrase match. These matching types help you control how closely related questions need to be for your ad to be displayed. Keyword matching is not case sensitive.
- Broad match helps you reach a larger audience by displaying your ad on question pages with close variations of your keywords. It is helpful when you have limited time to maximize your impressions.
- Phrase match allows for narrower targeting by displaying your ad only where there is an exact keyword match. Since a word-for-word match is required, you can reach customers who expressed a specific intent that matches your business offering.
- Exclude filters out questions that contain keywords you do not wish to target. Please note that adding too many exclusions can reduce your reach.
What are best practices for Keyword History targeting?
- Leverage existing Question History ad sets. If you have a Question History ad set, identify keywords in the questions and use them for a Keyword History ad set. For example, if you are targeting users who visited the question, What’s the best personal finance advice?, you can target users who have visited any question containing the keyword personal finance.
- Futureproof your keywords. Thousands of questions are added to Quora every day. Keyword HistoryTargeting automatically includes new questions, so your ad set continuously targets relevant content with no additional work from you.
- Research existing Quora questions. If you are building keyword lists for the first time, think about what questions your customers are searching for and reading on Quora. For example, if your business sells software that helps people with their personal finances, relevant keywords include personal finance, budgeting, financial advice, investment help, and banking advice.
- Pair it with Promoted Answers. Write answers about your product, service, or industry and user Keyword History Targeting to retarget users who read your answer and similar questions.
- Leverage relevant keywords. Review keywords you used on other advertising platforms and identify the ones that were effective and could translate well into questions on Quora.