- Create a naming convention so you and your team can easily navigate through different campaigns, ad sets, and ads.
- Example: Category - Geography - Objective
- Install the Quora Pixel to unlock features such as multiple conversion tracking, remarketing, and lookalike targeting.
- Separate campaigns for better analysis of performance. For example:
- Targeting: Topic Campaign, Interest Campaign, Keyword Campaign
- Geography: North America Campaign, Europe Campaign, Asia Campaign
- Objective: Generate Lead Campaign, Remarketing Campaign
- If you consistently hit your daily budget, consider increasing it to increase opportunities for impressions, clicks, and conversions.
- If you are not hitting the daily budget, look for opportunities to scale. For example, increasing targeted topics and raising bids.
- Set up email reporting to get daily or weekly reports for your account, campaigns, ad sets, or ads.
- Create behavioral parity for your best-performing contextual campaigns.
- Examples: Topic & Interest, Keyword & Keyword History, Question & Question History
- Replicate best-performing campaigns for other locations, additional platforms, etc.
Ad Set Level
In order to see performance at a more granular level and bid efficiently consider the following:
- Create a naming convention for ad sets so it's easy to identify their targeted audience
- Example: Subcategory - Targeting Type - Device
- Test 2-4 ad sets per campaign to test targeting types, devices, locations, or topic groups. If you have more than four ad sets in a campaign, make sure you increase your campaign's budget accordingly.
- When creating device or location splits for an ad set, use the “Duplicate Ad Set” and "Import Ad Set" features to save time.
- For Topic and Interest Targeting, targeting additional relevant topics can expand your potential weekly impressions. You can use the "Bulk Add” button for additional suggestions.
- Avoid overlapping topics across multiple ad sets. Aim to make your ad sets as distinct as possible.
- If you are targeting a wide range of topics in Topic or Interest Targeting, break down topics into relevant subgroups. This will help you understand which topic groups drive performance.
- If you are targeting multiple locations, build out location specific ad sets or campaigns. Isolating countries or regions in an ad set helps you identify locations driving performance. You can optimize towards these locations accordingly.
- Costs tend to differ across devices, so you can bid effectively by isolating desktop devices in one ad set and creating a duplicate ad set to target mobile (or vice versa).
- When it comes to bidding, bid your true value to help you win auctions and get the best ROI. For more information, please refer to Choosing your Bid.
In depth best practices are covered in Ad Creatives. In addition to these tips, consider the following:
- Test 2-4 ads per ad set. Different messages will resonate with different users, so having more than one ad allows you to cycle through messages and test creatives.
- Our auction takes ad relevance and CTR into account, so it is important to make an ad's copy specific to the targeted audience.