- Create a naming convention so it's easy for you and your team to navigate through different campaigns, ad sets, and ads.
- Example: Category - Geography - Objective
- Install the Quora Pixel to unlock features such as multiple conversion tracking, retargeting, and lookalike targeting.
- Split out campaigns for better analysis of performance
- Example 1: Topic Campaign, Interest Campaign, Keyword Campaign
- Example 2: Generate Lead Campaign, Retargeting Campaign
- Example 3: North America Campaign, Europe Campaign, Asia Campaign
- If you are consistently hitting the daily budget, consider increasing it to increase opportunities for impressions, clicks, and conversions.
- If you are not hitting the daily budget, look for opportunities to scale such as increasing targeted topics being and increasing bids.
- Set up email reporting to get daily or weekly reports for your account, campaigns, ad sets, or ads.
- Create behavioral parity for your best-performing contextual campaigns.
- Examples: Topic & Interest, Keyword & Keyword History, Question & Question History
- Replicate best-performing campaigns for other locations, additional platforms, etc.
Ad Set Level
In order to see performance at a more granular level and bid efficiently consider the following:
- Create a naming convention for ad sets so it's easy to identify their targeted audience
- Example: Subcategory - Targeting Type - Platform
- Test 2-4 ad sets per campaign to A/B test targeting types, platforms, locations, or topic groups. If you have more than four ad sets in a campaign, make sure you increase your campaign's budget accordingly.
- When creating platform or location splits for an ad set, use the “Duplicate Ad Set” and "Import Ad Set" features to save time.
- For Topic and Interest Targeting, targeting additional relevant topics can expand your potential weekly impressions. You can use the "Bulk Add” button for additional suggestions. Try not to overlap topics between distinct ad sets.
- If you are targeting a wide range of topics in Topic or Interest Targeting, break down topics into relevant subgroups. This will help you understand which topic groups drive performance.
- If you are targeting multiple locations, build out location specific ad sets or campaigns. Isolating countries or regions in an ad set helps you identify locations driving performance. You can optimize towards these locations accordingly.
- As bids tend to differ across devices, you can bid more effectively by isolating desktop devices in one ad set and creating a duplicate ad set to target mobile (or vice versa).
- When it comes to bidding, bid your true value to help you win auctions and get the best ROI. For more information, please refer to Choosing your Bid.
In depth best practices are covered in Ad Creatives. In addition to these tips, consider the following:
- Test 2-4 ads per ad set. Different messages will resonate with different users, so having more than one ad will allow you to cycle through messages and test creatives.
- Our auction takes ad relevance and CTR into account, so it is important to make the ad's copy specific to the targeted audience.