Creating a Promoted Answers Ad
- Create a campaign by clicking "New Campaign" in the upper-right corner.
- Create an ad set and select your targeting preferences. Promoted Answers can be paired with all Primary Targeting options. If you are using Question Targeting, we recommend using Question History to retarget users who previously read relevant questions.
- On the ad creation page, click “Promote an Answer."
- Adjust the business name as needed. Please note that your business name must comply with our Business Name Policies. If you are promoting your own answer, you can use your name to fill in the "Business Name" field.
- Paste the answer's URL. You can find the URL to any Quora answer by right-clicking on the text beneath a user’s name that says "Answered..." followed by a date, and then by selecting "Copy Link Address". A Quora answer URL will always include "/answer" in the URL.
- Click "Continue" on the bottom left corner. This will save your Promoted Answer and send it to our moderation team.
Choosing Bidding Methods
The bidding method you choose depends on the goals for your Promoted Answer campaign.
We recommend optimizing for clicks (CPC bidding) since Promoted Answers are designed for a reading experience on Quora. A click represents a person's desire to read the Promoted Answer in full. This experience maximizes the potential that a person will engage with your message.
You can, however, choose ad delivery by impressions and set a CPM bid if your primary goal is to have people view the unexpanded preview of the Promoted Answer.
You can also choose to optimize ad delivery for conversions. However, Promoted Answers are not designed to drive visits to your site unless they contain links to your website. That way, users can click directly to your landing page from the Promoted Answer.
After you create a Promoted Answer, it will be reviewed by our team before going live. If it is accepted, it will start being shown to people on Quora who match the targeting method of the ad set.
If the Promoted Answer is rejected during the review process, you will receive a notification with information on why the Promoted Answer was not approved. Making changes to your answer will automatically submit it back to our moderators for review. For more information, please see Why did my Promoted Answers stop being delivered?