Promoting Answers from the Ads Manager
First, identify an answer you would like to promote. If you are logged into your Ads Manager account, follow these steps:
- Login to your Ads Manager and create a campaign.
- Select your targeting on the ad set level. Promoted Answers can be paired with all Primary Targeting options. If you are using Question Targeting, we recommend using Question History to retarget users who previously read relevant questions.
- You'll then be asked to choose the ad creative. Click the “Promote an Answer” format option in the Ads Manager to use the answer as your ad creative.
- Adjust the business name as needed. Please note that your business name must comply with our Business Name Policies. If you are promoting your own answer, you can use your name to fill in the "Business Name" field.
- Include the answer's URL. You can find the URL to any Quora answer by right-clicking on the text beneath a user’s name that says "Answered..." followed by a date, and then by selecting "Copy Link Address". A Quora answer URL will always include "/answer" in the URL path.
- Click "Update" at the bottom to save your Promoted Answer.
Promoting Answers from Quora.com
If you are on Quora, you can promote an answer directly from the question or answer page using these steps:
- You can promote an answer that you wrote by clicking the “Promote” button at the bottom of your answer. To promote an answer written by someone else, click the “Promote” option in the “...” menu on found at the bottom of an answer. This option is only available on desktop.
- If you already have an Ads account, you'll be shown a screen that gives you the ability to change which topics to target, define a budget, and a promotion period. At this time, you can only use Topic Targeting when promoting an answer directly from Quora.com. If you would like to use a different targeting type, you must log into your Ads Manager and follow the steps listed above.
- If you don't have an Ads account, you will be able to create one by following a few easy steps. Once you've followed all the steps, we'll create a campaign, ad set, and ad for you. These can all be seen in Ads Manager.
Choosing Delivery Methods
The delivery method you choose depends on your goals for your Promoted Answer campaign.
We recommend optimizing for clicks and setting a Cost Per Click (CPC) bid since Promoted Answers are designed for a reading experience on Quora, and a click represents a person's desire to read the Promoted Answer in full. This experience maximizes the potential that a person will engage with your message.
You can, however, choose ad delivery by Impressions and set a CPM Bid if your primary goal is to have people view the unexpanded preview of the Promoted Answer.
You can also choose to optimize ad delivery for conversions. Promoted Answers, however, are not designed to drive visits to your site, and you will need to include links to landing pages in the Promoted Answer if you want to encourage people to visit your site directly.
After you create the Promoted Answer ad, it will be reviewed by our team before going live. If it is accepted, it will start being shown to people on Quora who match the targeting method of the ad set. The Promoted Answer may show up on the question page, feed, or other placements where ads on Quora can appear.
If the Promoted Answer is rejected during the review process, you will receive a notification with information on why the Promoted Answer was not approved. You will be able to resubmit your Promoted Answer after making changes. For more information, please see Why did my Promoted Answers stop being delivered?