Promoted Answers are an ad type that allow you to boost the distribution of existing answers on Quora, in order to reach a larger audience. All Promoted Answers are clearly labeled with “Promoted by” plus the name of the individual or business promoting the answer. Aside from the “Promoted by” label, Promoted Answers function just like other answers on Quora — you can still upvote, downvote, share, and comment on Promoted Answers.
Promoting an answer grants an answer greater distribution, meaning that it can be shown to more people. When an answer is promoted, it may be shown in any feed on Quora (such as the home page feed or on a topic page feed) or on a question page.
Promoting an answer does not change or influence the ranking of the answer on the question page. To learn more about how answers are ranked on a question page, read this answer to How does the ranking of answers on Quora work?.
For more information about promoting answers on Quora, visit the Quora for Business blog.
What are best practices for Promoted Answers?
- Use links that answer the question. A seemingly random hyperlinked text in the middle of the answer that leads to a company's website and is not explicitly referred to as a source of information can be marked as spam.
- Answer the question. Answers should respond to the question asked and should not misinterpret the language of the question and/or respond to a different question.
- Disclose relevant affiliations. If a user writes an answer about his own company or product, the answer should make clear the user’s affiliation with the company.
- Ensure answers are in good form. Make sure your answers are legible and don’t have severe problems with grammar or spelling.
- Have well-formatted answers. Make sure answers don’t have poor use of spacing or paragraph breaks, bad spelling, bad capitalization, bad grammar, user of “text-speak”-style language, or poor use of formatting tools such as boldface, italics, etc.