Promoted Answers are an ad type that allow you to boost the distribution of existing answers on Quora in order to reach a larger audience. All Promoted Answers are clearly labeled with “Promoted by” plus the name of the individual or business promoting the answer.
Aside from the “Promoted by” label, Promoted Answers function just like other answers on Quora — you can still upvote, downvote, share, and comment on Promoted Answers.
You can also collect leads from Promoted Answers by pairing them with a Lead Gen Form. To learn more about Lead Gen Forms, click here.
Promoting an answer grants an answer greater distribution, meaning that it can be shown to more people. When an answer is promoted, it may be shown on Quora feeds (such as the home page feed or a topic page feed) or on a question page.
Promoting an answer does not change or influence the answer's ranking on question pages. To learn more about how answers are ranked on a question page, read this answer to How does the ranking of answers on Quora work?.
What are best practices for Promoted Answers?
- Use links that answer the question. Less is more, so only use hyperlinks if they are relevant to the question. A seemingly random hyperlink can be marked as spam. This includes irrelevant links leading to a company's website, and links that are not explicitly referred to as a source of information.
- Add UTMs to hyperlinks. If you do include a hyperlink, including UTMs will provide additional engagement metrics.
- Answer the question asked. Quorans respond best to authentic answers. Answers should not misinterpret the question or respond to a different question.
- Disclose relevant affiliations. If a user writes an answer about their own company or product, they should clearly state their affiliation in the answer.
- Have well-formatted answers. Avoid poor spelling, grammar, capitalization, and abbreviation (ex. text-speak). Excessive formatting with spaces, paragraph breaks, boldface, italics, etc. should also be avoided.
For more information about Promoted Answer best practices, visit our Promoted Answer Playbook.